Tuesday, May 15, 2007

DROOPY licensing art & Tex Avery's DROOPY - The Complete Theatrical Collection DVD set!





I highly recommend the newly-released, Tex Avery's DROOPY - The Complete Theatrical Collection DVD 2-disc set! I picked up the 24 cartoon set today and watched disc 2. I love all of the Tex Avery DROOPY cartoons, but my favorite DROOPY cartoons are the letterboxed Cinemascope cartoons produced by Hanna and Barbera. Michael Lah directed those cartoons, with layout by the legendary Ed Benedict. The sensational backgrounds are by Montealegre. These cartoons alone make this DVD set well worth getting! All 24 cartoons are uncut and uncensored! I'll watch disc 1 and the special features tomorrow.
I'm also posting a few pages from the DROOPY style guide that I helped create at Warner Bros. Consumer Products. Using brush and ink, I had the pleasure of inking this terrific character art of DROOPY, THE WOLF and RED HOT RIDING HOOD. The art was pencilled by Mike Fontanelli and colored by one of the department's designers. Click on each image to enlarge.
You can e-mail me at powsley@flash.net . Thanks! -- Patrick Owsley

5 comments:

madwurmz.com said...

Classics!
I know it's a really old post but I was wondering if you're able to post more of those Wolf and Red Hot sheets? looking at the small thumbs at the side of those prints, I think there should be a few more, no?

madwurmz.com said...

Classics!
I know it's a really old post but I was wondering if you're able to post more of those Wolf and Red Hot sheets? looking at the small thumbs at the side of those prints, I think there should be a few more, no?

Patrick Owsley said...

I'll see what I can do! 8^)

madwurmz.com said...

ha thanks for the fast reply :) I dont know if those cards come with the dvd box, or somehow you mention about your contributed artwork.
Anyway, I think the wolf and the girl are the greatest!
I got a 5 disk french tin box Tex Avery dvd collection, freaky stuff :)

madwurmz.com said...

Actually , on a really interesting note, these scans have hidden drawings in there as well! Those very white lines across the pictures, these are four poses of Red doing her thing and on the wolf's image there are four funny poses of the wolf.. I was able to see them with help of photoshop :)