Tuesday, April 01, 2008

TOP CAT - 1962 HANNA-BARBERA TV ALLEY CAT PALS!







Today while working, I had on the DVD set of the classic 1962 Hanna-Barbera cartoon TV series, TOP CAT. I love the series, so I thought I'd post some TOP CAT art. Here's the leader of the gang, TOP CAT with BENNY THE BALL, CHOO-CHOO, SPOOK, BRAIN, FANCY FANCY and OFFICER DIBBLE. The top image of TOP CAT (based on a TOP CAT style guide pose) and the bottom image of OFFICER DIBBLE were done by me. Both pieces are markers, colored pencil, brush & ink on coquille board. I inked the character art of CHOO-CHOO, SPOOK, BRAIN and FANCY FANCY for the TOP CAT style guide for Warner Bros. Consumer Products. I believe these were penciled by Mark Christiansen, then colored by one of the WBCP designers. Click on each image for a larger view! E-mail me at powsley@flash.net. Thanks! -- Patrick Owsley

No comments: