Friday, February 29, 2008

PETER POTAMUS - CLASSIC HANNA-BARBERA!





I've been re-watching many of the all-time great HANNA-BARBERA classic cartoons, including the theme of this posting...PETER POTAMUS and SO-SO. The top image appears to be a 1964 publicity painting for the PETER POTAMUS TV cartoon show. I'm not sure who painted it, but it's a very cool painting. I'd love to see that in color! Also, here's the colorful cover for the 1964 PETER POTAMUS Little Golden Book, with art by Hawley Pratt and Bill Lorencz. I'm also posting a few pieces of PETER POTAMUS and SO-SO character art from their 1998 licensing style guide. I had the honor of inking Iwao Takamoto's PETER POTAMUS and SO-SO pencil art for that style guide, which was produced at Warner Bros. Consumer Products. Be sure to click on each image for a larger view!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.