Thursday, July 24, 2008

HONG KONG PHOOEY's ROSEMARY!

The other day, I received an e-mail from voice actress and screen writer, KATHY GORI. Kathy was the voice of ROSEMARY on Hanna-Barbera's HONG KONG PHOOEY. After she saw my April 21, 2007 posting of ROSEMARY character art inkings, Kathy wrote --
"I was the voice of Rosemary for Hong Kong Phooey, and you made "me" look great! Unfortunately I never got any of the original cells from Hong Kong Phooey, I wish I had. I do have some cells of my character Katie on Valley of the Dinosaurs, but that show wasn't as cool as Hong Kong. I did a lot of work for Hanna-Barbera , it's nice to see people remember the shows. Cheers, Kathy Gori"
Kathy later told me that she really enjoyed recording her voice work with HONG KONG PHOOEY co-stars, SCATMAN CROTHERS and JOE E. ROSS! Today, Kathy lives in northern California where she and her husband, Alan, are a screen writing team. Glad you liked the art, Kathy! It was great to hear from you.

No comments: