Thursday, February 08, 2007

FROSTY's WINTER WONDERLAND licensing art





Since it's still very "frosty" in many parts of the U.S., I thought I'd post a few pieces of FROSTY's WINTER WONDERLAND licensing character art. FROSTY's WINTER WONDERLAND was produced by Rankin/Bass Productions. The 1976 TV special starred the voice talents of Andy Griffith, Shelly Winters and Paul Frees. FROSTY's WINTER WONDERLAND is the cel animated sequel to Rankin/Bass' 1969 FROSTY THE SNOWMAN. I inked this art for Warner Bros. Consumer Products using brush & ink. The art was penciled by Mike Fontanelli based on the great Paul Coker, Jr. character designs. For more Rankin/Bass, be sure to check out Rankin/Bass biographer and historian Rick Goldschmidt's blog at http://www.enchantedworldofrankinbass.blogspot.com/. Click on each image to enlarge! You can e-mail your thoughts and comments about my blog to me at powsley@flash.net . Thanks! - Patrick Owsley

No comments: