Friday, May 25, 2007

HEY HEY! HOLY MACKEREL!

Everyone who knows me, knows that I am life-long fan of the CHICAGO CUBS. Yeah, I know...the CUBS haven't won the World Series since 1908, but, hey...anyone can have a bad century. The CUBS are in L.A. this weekend for a three-game series against the DODGERS at Dodger Stadium. Leslie and I will be at the game tonight with her mom and dad (Debbie and Joey) cheering on ALFONSO SORIANO, DERREK LEE, ARAMIS RAMIREZ and the rest of LOU PINIELLA's 2007 CUBS! Although, Debbie is a DODGERS fan so she won't be rooting for the CUBS. She's a CUBS fan only when they're not playing the DODGERS. I'm going to the game on Saturday with Joey, while Leslie and Debbie sit that game out. I think it's great that my father-in-law is a CUBS fan! How lucky am I! On Sunday, all four of us will be back at Dodger Stadium for the series finale. I'm posting a piece of CHICAGO CUBS mascot art that I did a couple of years ago. The mascot is based on one that was used on a 1970s CUBS pennant. The CHICAGO CUBS logo is hand-lettered. The art is markers, colored pencil, brush & ink on coquille board. GO CUBS!

No comments: