Wednesday, June 06, 2007

SPUMCO COMIC BOOK hand-lettering!


I used to do a lot of lettering for comic books. Between the years of 1988 to about 1997, I hand-lettered comic books for DC Comics, Marvel Comics, Dark Horse Comics, First Comics and Disney Adventures magazine comic stories. I was on-staff at Malibu Comics as a Letterer from 1993 to 1996. In 1994, I was asked if I'd like to letter a SPUMCO COMIC BOOK story for John K. Being a fan of SPUMCO and John K., I naturally agreed. Over the next couple of years, I lettered about five SPUMCO COMIC BOOK stories for John. I'm posting two pages from two different stories that I hand-lettered. I believe the GEORGE LIQUOR fishing story was written by John K., pencilled by Jim Smith and inked by Shane Glines. The GEORGE LIQUOR / JIMMY THE IDIOT BOY barber story was written by John K., pencilled by Mike Fontanelli and inked by Shane Glines. It was such great fun to work on these comic stories! If you don't already own the four issues of SPUMCO COMIC BOOK, perhaps you can find them on Ebay. They are well-worth having! Great cartoon comic fun! Click on each page to enlarge.

1 comment:

Bryan said...

Your lettering in these comics is amazing! I have the spumco comic book that came out recently, I love your work. What did you ink with?