Wednesday, October 25, 2006

RIP from THE RIPPING FRIENDS - SPUMCO

Here's a couple of characters that I inked for John K. and Spumco back when they were putting together production art and model sheets for the animators of THE RIPPING FRIENDS. The show originally ran on Fox Kids in the Fall of 2001. I'm not sure which Spumco artist did the blue pencil drawings of RIP and SLAB. I inked (with a brush) a handful of character poses and expressions. Here's RIP, and if you scroll down, you'll see SLAB. I took liberties with the colors that I've given the characters here, but I think they turned out well. In addition to lending my inking skills to John K. and Spumco, I also hand-lettered a few of the JIMMY THE IDIOT BOY and GEORGE LIQUOR stories found in the sensational issues of SPUMCO COMIC BOOK that were published by Dark Horse Comics a few years back.

No comments: